Sunday 16 September 2012

Inspired by the sea - Slapton Sands

Slapton Sands Torcross, by Dartmouth Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Slapton Sands Torcross 
Image Title: Ethereal Mist
Fine Art Landscape Photographer: Craig Howarth

This image was taken at dawn, when there was just me and a fishing trawler at Torcross. This makes me feel very special as we were both out there doing what we love, makes me feel like I'm feeding my soul as an artist. Great to experience such freedom and passion.

The lighting was perfect to give the sheen on the pebbles I had been trying to gain on previous visits. The sea was gently lapping at the shoreline just enough for me to get these nice deep grey tones at the top right of the image, and the bright highlights of the moving foam which looks like sea mist. The image was appropriately named "Ethereal Mist".

To view more of my Fine Art landscape photography please visit:

Current work on display at White Sails Gallery & Stokeley Farm - Dartmouth.